Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to School

DSC_0627DSC_0625DSC_0626

Here we are on our way, I was trying to get her all pumped up about drop off. We were talking about how exciting it was that she has a new teacher in a new big kid classroom.  She was saying that she “probably will make some new friends” and “my mommy will always come get me.”  I love her little self pep talks.

DSC_0632

Right before we dropped her off, apparently something is way more interesting than mom with the camera Smile

DSC_0634

Ava’s new teacher Mrs. Stewart! All the classrooms have an animal mascot and Ava is in the Elephant room.  Mrs. Stewart calls the kids her “eager elephants,” cute!

DSC_0641

DSC_0639

No tears when I left, here’s the last picture I snapped on my way out the door….

DSC_0643

Ava was still napping when I came to pick her up and I had the hardest time getting her to wake up. She is a heavy sleeper like her daddy for sure.  Mrs. Stewart said she did a great job most of the day. She got a little weepy at nap time but all in all it was a WONDERFUL first day and she was worn out!

DSC_0647

Thought I’d do a little interview:

“My First Day”

I asked Ava if she would sing the Ally Bally song if it was for Aunt Carol (Aunt Carol taught us this adorable song) Not only did I get a big YES but she said that she wanted to sing it twice!  Someone LOVES her Aunt Carol! 

A slow Ally Bally song
A little more like chipper cheer

No comments: