Wednesday, April 4, 2012

All About Austin

DSC_0680DSC_0684

Smiling up at Daddy

DSC_0226

DSC_0344

I wish that I would have been better at posting each month and a little blurb about the kids at that stage. Well, better late than never so here goes for Austin  at 15 months:

Austin is a snuggle bug.  He is the best at throwing his chubby little arms around my neck and squeezing! Almost every time I sit on the floor he bolts with a huge smile from across the room and throws himself in my lap for a hug.  When we ask for kisses he will lean in forehead first towards our lips, always makes me laugh.  I like watching him play peek-a-boo because he peeks through his little fingers to watch us look for him with a huge smile before he throws his hands down and laughs.

He LOVES music, he bops along and claps his hands to any tune. He even starts bouncing to my ringtone when I have a call.  His most used words are MaMa, Boooooo (Baylor)  Da (Daddy), Pap (Paps), Mo (more),   Ba (Ball),  Dit (ditty) Ava a few times,  and dink (drink). We are still working on Karo and K-Bob, those K’s are a wee bit tricky, ha!

He eats almost anything and everything, that boy is never full. His favorite place of the house is Ava’s room and loves laughing and watching his sis! Bath time is one of his happiest times of the day. He cracks himself up splashing and he is very methodical in his play- slowly emptying cups and refilling with different amounts.  He loves his basketball hoop and balls, pushing trucks, chasing Baylor,  and hiding under his Dr. Suess quilt.

He does sit still a lot (shocker for me because Ava is rarely still).  He will sit on his little Baylor chair in the garage by Daddy when games are on.  You would think he was juggling or doing a handstand the way Greg and I are amazed by that act of sitting still at 15 months, “Gina, you’ve GOT to SEE this!” and Austin looks at us like why y’all freakin’ out?  It’s not something we are used to I guess.  He seems to have a calm spirit and likes snuggle up to Sis and listen to books.  Austin will just melt into me when I rock him, still as anything and I can sing him to sleep.  

He signs a few things like Ava did and he uses the sign for more most often.  His favorite  fruits and vegetables are cutie oranges, spinach, beets, kale, cauliflower, blueberries, and raspberries.  He will not eat carrots or avocadoes which have always been Ava’s favorite.

It is funny how all of these things are normal milestones for a toddler but to me each of them just warms my heart.  The way he plays, laughs, snuggles, splashes and giggles at bath time, pops little cheerios in his mouth with his round little fingers, I take such great JOY in watching his precious little self grow up.

gina and baby boy

1 comment:

Katie and Justin Cox said...

Aw Gina these posts are so sweet about your two littles! They are both precious beyond measure and now doubt it is because you are doing such a GREAT job with them at home... you are a super awesome mommy! I love your idea of letting Ava read her story back to you... good thinking... gonna have to try that! Ha!