Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Bubbling in my Soul

Listen carefully! Here's my mommy interpretation of Ava's toddler words:

"I singing, laughing, Jesus... whole"

"I'm Bubbling Bubbling Bubbling.... night"

"I'm Bubbling I'm Bubbling, I singing, laughing"

"I'm bubbling (big pause) day and niiiiight"

AND here is the song word for word: I'm bubbling I'm bubbling I'm bubbling in my soul. I'm singing and laughing because Jesus made me whole. Folks don't understand it but I can't keep it quiet. I'm bubbling bubbling bubbling bubbling bubbling day and night."

My heart melted this morning when I heard Ava singing this song in the bathroom. (Listen carefully over the sound of running water- I let her play in the faucet with her water toys when I am in my room getting ready) This was more than just a song to me and I have to share this story!

This is a song that Ava learned at church and we sing it sometimes at home. We haven't done it for a few weeks at home so I know it was a song from her heart and not just a "parrot song." (Plus we sing many different songs all throughout the day- Bingo is still Ava's reigning favorite) After I finished taking this clip I sang the song with Ava, she was super excited and sang almost the entire song second time around with me. So precious! BUT here is why I am so touched by her little song. I am currently doing a Beth Moore Bible study on Revelation and loving it. Last night I was studying approaching the throne of God and how we can approach with confidence. I love the verse Rev 5:8 on how the prayers of the saints are "golden bowls of incense," so beloved by the LORD! In my study guide I was asked to "approach the throne" with my heart's desire. The following has been my prayer since the day I found out I was pregnant with Ava but again I prayed this to Lord .... "God I want my children to LOVE Jesus above all earthly things, to listen to you, to have open hearts and ears, to let you lead their lives, and to love others with your love." Every night Greg and I pray over Ava that she will trust in God for her salvation at an early age. I believe that God will bless my family and I am so thankful for my spiritual heritage to pass on to my children. This said there is nothing like having God BE your life, the joy, peace, purpose, hope, truth, everything wonderful! I want this for Ava and my baby boy so much that I can't express it in words. What a sweet gift from God this morning to hear my 22 month old baby girl singing that she was bubbling about Jesus!! My heart just goes crazy to know that God invites us to approach him, listens and answers because he loves His children!

4 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

I have tears in my eyes!! She is so precious, and has the cutest most sincere voice!! You're obviously doing a good job as a momma! Love y'al!

Katie and Justin Cox said...

PRECIOUS little Ava! You know that is a fav at the Cox household yet, but Caden is more of a motions guy than a words guy! Oh how great our sweet God is to pursue us all, even our tiny little ones! :)

Katie and Justin Cox said...

yet should be too... ha!

ChristBlessed said...

You don't know me, of course, but I found your blog doing a search for the words to "I'm Bubbling in my Soul." The teacher of the Bible Study I've been doing referred to this little song. This lead me to you and so I read some other posts on your blog and fell in love...so to speak.
I too am a Baylor-ite and a Texan, although I live in Georgia now. I have to tell you that the end of your post on "Bubbling" when you spoke of Rev. brought me to tears.
I thought, here is a godly mother and dear sister in Christ. I hope you won't mind my checking in from time to time. Watching your wonderful posts and pics is blessing my heart.
Christy