Thursday, September 10, 2009

A letter to our baby girl.....


Dearest Baby Girl,

Ava Claire, you bring so much joy to us. You are growing up crazy fast... too fast! Yesterday you turned 11 months old. We are trying to cherish each minute with you and your cute little baby self! Today was a very special day because you walked 6 steps! You are officially a big girl now. You also said Boo this morning to Baylor Boo. I keep thinking that next month will already be your first birthday. This has truly been the best year. Almost everyday I have a sweet moment with you and I whisper to God "this is the best moment of my life." Today's moment was when I was carrying you to your crib for a nap and kissed your sweet chubby cheek. Funny thing is I know I will have another moment tomorrow with you and I'll feel like it is impossible for life to get any better all over again. Daddy loves you dearly too. You are his "little monkey." You play all the time with your daddy and I see his heart melt sometimes when he is holding you. He has a hard time putting you to bed for the night because he doesn't want to put you down. I think he'd sway in front of your crib with you in his arms all night if I let him. Baby girl, you are our heart's joy. We love you and thank Jesus everyday for you.

3 comments:

Rebekah Zenn said...

*sniff* definitely shed a tear or two reading this! What a great idea!

Sarah Beth said...

AMEN!!! Love you baby girl!!!!!

guinnandjules said...

wow, jeans. thanks for bringing on the water works!!
that was soooo sweet.
let's get together SOON!